Provider Agreement & Policies
- Do the admission criteria match my needs?
- Terms of financial/provider agreement reviewed?
- Unused portion of the rent refunded at transfer/discharge?
- Do I have a choice in the selection of health care providers if additional services are
- Are specific services clearly identified in the agreement?
- Have I reviewed the house rules?
- Have I reviewed all of the reasons for which I may be transferred of discharged?
- Is the facility licensed by the state and in good standing?
- Is the bedroom private or shared?
- Is the bathroom private or shared?
- Are the shared areas clean?
- Is there space for personal belongings?
- Does the floor plan allow for easy mobility
- Private areas other than the room for visits?
- Is bathroom safety equipment installed?
- Is there a call system?
- Are walkers/wheelchairs permitted?
- Hall and doors at width for wheelchairs?
- Are specialized diets available?
- Cultural or ethnic preferences considered?
- Are residents involved in menu planning?
- Can residents help with meal preparation
- Do residents have access to the kitchen?
- Snacks/beverages available between meals?
- Are extra helpings - substitutions available?
- Does the facility provide assistance with dressing and bathing?
- How frequently is weekly bathing provided?
- Is there assistance with toileting?
- Is there assistance with incontinency?
- Help with transfers from wheelchair to bed
- Assistance with medications?
- What is the administrator’s training?
- Do staff receive special needs training?
- Is there high staff turn-over?
- What is the ratio of staff to resident?
- Are staff awake at night?
- Am I involved in the care planning process?
- Is my family/responsible party involved?
- Is my physician-health provider involved?
- Are care plans updated reflecting changes in needs?
- Facility communicate with family/physician?
- Do you feel comfortable talking with the: Administrator/Operator, Manager/Billing, Staff/Caregivers
- Is the grievance procedure understood?
- Is the telephone accessible and conducive to privacy?
- Are activities available within the facility?
- Does the facility take residents on outings?
- Someone designated to conduct activities?
- Do interests match level/type of activities?
- Are there residents I can socialize with?
- Is there a written schedule of activities?
- Does the facility provide transportation?
- Have I toured the entire facility?
- Have I observed the kitchen?
- Have I observed a meal preparation?
- Does the atmosphere seem pleasant?
- Seem to be enough staff available?
- Are pets allowed?
- Do residents seem happy and engaged?
- Do residents appear to be clean-groomed?
- Observed for staff/resident interaction?
- Have I observed for cleanliness and odors?