Mayfair Manor Assisted Living Facility employs the following positions to professionally care for our residents and manage their well-being. The listing of these positions in this website does not constitute that it is an open position for hire. If you are looking for employment and fit the qualifications of any of these positions, you may first send an inquiry to email@example.com as to the status of any of these positions and/or procedures for submitting for current or future employment.
After Completing the Application:
- Fax it to: 757-397-4970
- or physically deliver (preferrable) to:
Mayfair Manor Portsmouth
901 Enterprise Way
Portsmouth, VA 23704
Registered Medication Aides
Certified medication aides administer daily pharmaceutics to patients under the supervision of a licensed practical nurse (LPN). Medication aides are required to study the different classifications of drugs as well as their side effects. They also need to know the dangers of combining certain medications and what to do in case of an overdose.
- Certified medication aides dispense oral, inhalation and topical medications to patients.
- Responsible for observing patients for drug reactions and report any problems to the nurses.
- Medication aides monitor the patient's vital signs, calculate medication dosages and stock the medication cart.
- Certified medication aides also record what medications were given for the day and the dosage in the nurse's medication administration record (MAR) chart.
- Successfully complete training as required in accordance with Virginia State regulations.
- Compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, and staff.
- Must meet all health requirements and pass background checks.
Certified Nursing Assistants
Being a CNA requires one to be understanding, patient and the ability to take on challenging situations. A CNA must be sympathetic in that fact that the patient is going though challenges of their own. Being the front line for the administrators and nurses, understanding the needs of the patient are important as is the communication management.
Responsibilities: These are just a few of the jobs that a CNA is required to perform:
- Taking vitals signs
- Helping with basic medical procedures
- Help assist patients in and out of their beds
- Maintain their room
- Help with patient baths or showers
- Helping them eat or drink
- Be there for them if they need to simply talk
- Our candidate is a state-licensed nursing professional and will be accountable for providing care in order to maintain the patients' physical and emotional well-being.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Complete approved training program and eligible to take state test or has passed state certification.
- Currently certified and in good standing with the Board in the state of practice.
The Dietary Aide assists in the preparation, distribution and service of patient and employee meals. He/she is responsible for the preparation and portioning of menu items, beverages and special patient snacks.
- The Aide is responsible for the set up and breakdown of food and supplies for each meal.
- The Dietary Aide also maintains and cleans all food preparation equipment used throughout the day and participates in special cleaning projects as assigned.
- He/she exhibits knowledge of appropriate food handling techniques and general rules of sanitation.
- The Aide is responsible for attending appropriate health service certification training, as required.
- Must be able to work various shifts and on weekends.
- High School graduate or equivalent;
- Prior experience in a commercial or institutional food service operation desirable;
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
Responsible for performing general housekeeping duties in resident suites, public areas and support areas as assigned while meeting or exceeding quality standards
- General cleaning maintenance of common areas of facility.
- Maintaining of collecting, cleaning, and redistributing of laundry for residents.
- Responsible for trash collection and removal and maintaining trash receptacles and collection areas
- Assists staff with resident care when requested.
- Desire to work with seniors.
- High School diploma / GED preferred.
- Able to provide housekeeping and laundry services in a resident centered environment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and competent in organizational, time management skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following all community procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow through on assigned tasks, and demonstrates initiative.